Consciousness-Based Education℠ has transformed the process of learning by connecting each discipline with the student's personal experience in the following ways:
1. Direct development of consciousness
At MUM, all students learn and practice the Transcendental Meditation®
technique, a systematic and scientifically verified means of developing one's total potential. This is the core of Consciousness-Based education.
Through this simple, natural, and effortless procedure, students enliven the most creative, powerful, and blissful level of their own awareness — pure consciousness. The result is greater intelligence, greater creativity, greater learning ability, less stress, better health, better relationships
— and, as a result, a better world.
The advanced TM-Sidhi® program, including Yogic Flying, accelerates the benefits of the Transcendental Meditation technique, especially when practiced in groups, as we do here.
2. A unifying framework for all knowledge
All human knowledge is an expression of consciousness. If we understand the basic principles of consciousness, we understand the basic principles of all disciplines of knowledge.
All courses at MUM are taught in light of these unifying principles of consciousness. As a student here, what will you gain?
3. Special teaching and learning techniques that develop holistic awareness
Faculty at MUM use special techniques that reflect fundamental laws of learning.
- The "whole course on the first day" — In each course you take, you’ll learn all the main principles of the course at the start. The remainder of the course then explores these themes.
- Unified field charts — These wall charts ensure that you never get “lost in the parts.” You will always see the big picture no matter how fine the details you are studying. They
4. Stress-free routine and nourishing environment
To develop your full creative potential and get the most out of your college education, it’s vital to maintain a restfully alert quality of mind and body. How do we do that here?